|Object Name||Board, Emery|
|Description||Tri-color red, white and blue emery board with black lettering: " RE-ELECT / LANCIONE / DEMOCRAT / STATE / REPRESENTATIVE"|
|Year Range from||1964|
|Year Range to||1976|
|Dimensions||W-0.5 L-7 inches|
A.G. (Americus Gabe) Lancione was born February 12, 1907 in Cementon, Pennsylvania.
Lancione earned a B.A. in 1927 and a J.D. in 1929 from Ohio State University. He began practicing law in Bellaire, Ohio, and belonged to the Elks, Moose, Eagles, Kiwanis, American Legion, Chamber of Commerce and Episcopal Church.
He entered politics as an assistant prosecutor of Belmont County (1936-1944). A Democrat, he was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives in 1946, serving sixteen consecutive terms. Lancione was speaker pro tem (1949), chair of the Taxation Committee and minority whip. He became minority leader in 1961 and was named speaker of the house when Democrats took control of the Ohio House of Representatives in the 1973 session. In 1975 the party caucus chose Vern Riffe as speaker.
Lancione retired from the Ohio House in 1978 and returned to his law practice. He was also vice-president of the Farmers and Merchants National Bank. He died November 5, 1989 in Columbus Ohio.
Lancione, A.G. (Americus Gabe)
|Relation||Show Related Records...|
Richard L. Lancione, son of A.G. Lancione, donated a collection of political memorabilia and ephemera to the Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board in 2009.
The Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board took over the care of the Statehouse and its collections in 1988.
|Collection||Richard L. Lancione Collection|